About the Link Resolver
The LSUHSC New Orleans Libraries' WebBridge Link Resolver lets you check for available resources for citations in Library databases.
Where can I find the links?
You can check the available print or electronic sources of any citation in:
Search PubMed with the WebBridge Link Resolver
Need more information about the WebBridge Link Resolver?
How to use the LSUHSC New Orleans Libraries' WebBridge Link Resolver
- Look for the "Check Full Text" icon next to all citations in select databases.
- When you click the icon, a new window/tab will open displaying where the full-text of an article is available to you.
- A link to search the Library's catalog will be displayed for all citations.
- If no full-text or print resources are available, you will be able to request the article, chapter, or book from the Library's ILLiad Interlibrary Loan system. An account is needed in order to make requests for materials from other libraries. Check the ILLiad help information if you need more assistance.
- You have the option to export any citations to your RefWorks account. See the RefWorks information page to set up and manage your RefWorks account. Please note that in order to use the link resolver from RefWorks, a PMID must be included in the citation.
- Off-campus access requires a Library barcode and personal PIN. For more information on how to create an off-campus login, check the Off Campus Access help page.
Trouble? Links not working?
- Sometimes links to full-text sources will not work because of changes to web addresses, failures in DOI lookups, problems with citation information passed from one source to another, or a variety of other issues.
- If you have to create an account to request items from other libraries from the ILLiad Interlibrary Loan service, in order to have the citation information automatically fill out the ILL request form you will need to re-click the "Check Full Text" icon to re-send the required information to the interlibrary loan request page.
- A slow Internet connection may interrupt the complete loading of the resources for a citation. If you encounter this, wait a few moments and reload the page.
- Although most links will take you directly to the article, sometimes you will be taken to the journal's webpage because of limitations with linking to the article.
- Citations for articles noted as "Epub ahead of print" will sometimes not route correctly through the LSUHSC New Orleans Libraries' WebBridge Link Resolver. An alternate link may be displayed to retrieve these articles, but you can always attempt to get to the article through the Library's online catalog INNOPAC.
- There is sometimes a delay in the posting of recent articles shown as available through PubMed Central. If the article is not available through another source, use the ILLiad Interlibrary Loan service to request it.
- If you encounter an error message for a failure of a CrossRef DOI lookup, the CrossRef Guest Query can be used to find a match and link to the article you need. Any information from the citation can be entered, but a journal title or ISSN must be included for the DOI lookup to be successful.
- Linking from a citation in RefWorks to the full-text of an article depends upon the completeness of the citation you have saved in RefWorks. If available, include the PMID with the citation information; if there is none included or available, you will not see any potential matches for available resources. Interlibrary Loan will not be presented as an option for any RefWorks citation if there is no match for the article.
Have a My NCBI account?
You can have the Library's link resolver icons display in PubMed when you're signed in using My NCBI. Once you log in, choose "NCBI Site Preferences," then under "PubMed Preferences" there is a link for "Outside Tool" (it will probably say "None Selected"). Once you click on this link, choose "LSU Health Sciences Center New Orleans Libraries" and click save. You've successfully added the link resolver to your My NCBI profile!